Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Around Here

 
 
Yesterday our Women's Summer Bible Study group met at my house. We have been doing an intense study by Beth Moore on the book of Esther. Yesterday was such a powerful video message! I heard something I REALLY needed to hear and I thought I would pass it on!
The lesson was on FEAR! That dreaded four letter word! We learned that the more we focus on our fears and worries the more the enemy ( Satan), uses those fears to attack us! The enemy is always there to attack us and kick us while we are down! Isn't that the truth! During our study we learned that the moment a fear enters our mind, trust and surrender it to Jesus and move on. Don't let it linger, don't focus on the fear, just give it up to the Lord and trust that he will handle it!
Such a great reminder for me!
 
 
We started the Summer Reading Program at our library a few weeks ago!  Robbie, Daddy and me! We have been having such a great time reading together as a family! We are going to head over to the library a little later this morning to log our hours and see what Robbie has earned for the week!
 
 
Speaking of silent family reading time, I have to share this cute picture that my friend Aimee shared on her Facebook page of her family reading! Great work Aimee, Angelica and Christian!
 
 
We had another swim lesson yesterday, that's lesson number three!! Here are some pics of my little fish with little miss Paige!
 


 
 
I have been trying to increase my milk supply and pumping/ nursing A LOT!!!!!
I have heard that by eating oatmeal, you will be able to increase your milk supply!
I have been enjoying a bowl of oatmeal every day. I have been using a little bit of this to sweeten it up a bit! I am a new fan of organic coconut sugar!
 
 
I am spending the better part of today cleaning house. I am so excited because tomorrow night I am having a few girlfriends over for a Friday Night Knitting Party! Have any of you read the book The Friday Night Knitting Club?
 
 
Well, I thought it might be fun to get together once a month with some of my close friends of all ages and chat, eat, knit and just enjoy the company of each other! Oh and did I mention there will be tea!!
 
So tomorrow night is our first official Friday Night Knitting Club! Pictures soon to follow!!
 
 
Before I go, I wanted to share this cute little video of Robbie dancing last night to his praise music. Every night before bed, we play this cd and dance around and play instruments and just praise Jesus together as a family! Robbie loves this time and whoever is here at bed time joins in! Last week Auntie Summer and her mommy Auntie Judy joined in. Last night Gigi, Grandpa and the babies joined  us. It is part of our bedtime routine and has become a well loved family ritual!
 


 
 
 
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family